I Hate My Neck!
The neck seems to be a problem area for both men and women of all ages. This is because when it comes to aging, the neck is a dead giveaway. Many patients go above and beyond to take care of their face, but neglect the sensitive area below it! Whether it is excess fat or lax and drooping skin, there is a solution for you.
Non-Invasive Neck Treatment
- Exilis is perhaps the top radiofrequency device on the market. With just 2-4 treatments (depending on problem and severity) you could take years off your appearance without breaking the bank. The treatment provides a very warm sensation, as it heats up collagen, causing it to shrink and then tighten over the next few months. This machine treats fat or collagen, depending on the depth of penetration.
- Pain free
- No recovery or downtime.
- Most people are familiar with the use of botulinum toxin A and similar products on the market for softening fine lines around the eyes or between the brows. Botox can also be used in some cases for bands or cords in the neck.
- Results last 3-4 months and must be repeated. Results are minimal to moderate and will not compare with a surgical procedure as it does not address the overlying skin.
- No recovery or downtime.
Minimally Invasive Surgical Interventions
- Liposuction is a rather short procedure that is often performed with twilight sedation and allows for the patient to be back to work in approx. 3-7 days.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and the small incisions heal to be virtually invisible.
- Results are long-lasting and fat does not reappear without significant weight gain.
- Wearing the appropriate post-surgical garment aids in comfort, speedy recovery, and additional skin tightening.
- Mini Lift
- If you have a skin only problem, a short incision facelift technique, focused on the skin in front or behind the ear can help to alleviate this problem.
Other Surgical Options
- Full Facelift
- Facelifting can be done on the midface, lower face, and neck. A full facelift can reposition your facial tissues and remove excess skin, especially in the neck area. A full facelift requires an incision that goes both in front and behind the ear.
- Lower Facelift or neck lift
- Components of the facelift can also be performed, which minimizes the length of the incision, in order to target certain areas more than others.
- Lower facelifts focus on the jawline
- Necklifts focus on the neck and may involve central neck work if hanging cords or fatty deposits are present
- Liposuction is often employed as part of a lower facelift or necklift NYC
Each procedure should be tailored specifically to the individual patient. A consultation with Dr. Westreich, an Ivy League trained, and double board certified ENT and facial plastic surgeon, could be the only thing between you and a neck you love!
Back to Blog