As we age, it is natural to want to enhance the appearance of our skin. While surgical interventions can achieve remarkable results, not everyone is ready to undergo such procedures.
Thankfully, there are non-surgical alternatives available for patients who fall under this category.
Revitalize your facial contours with Sculptra
Sculptra is widely known as one of the leading injectable dermal fillers in today's cosmetology market. Renowned for its ability to reduce signs of aging before they develop, Sculptra stimulates collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin, preventing the emergence of new wrinkles and lines.
At New Face NY, Dr. Westreich and his team of industry experts utilize Sculptra to help patients reduce signs of aging and achieve a brighter, younger aesthetic.
What are the benefits of Sculptra?
- FDA-approved as a safe and proven treatment
- Non-allergenic, eliminating the risk of allergic reactions
- Non-surgical and non-invasive, ensuring a comfortable procedure
- Minimal to no downtime or discomfort following the treatment
- Can address both superficial and deep lines
- Effective in treating various signs of aging, like marionette lines, laugh lines, chin folds, and nasolabial folds
- Long-lasting results, with effects that can endure up to two years
- Stimulates new collagen production upon injection
Who is a good candidate for Sculptra?
Ideal candidates for Sculptra include those who:
- Are looking to restore plumpness to areas of the face that have been affected by volume loss (whether resulting from natural aging or changes in weight)
- Are looking for a treatment with semi-permanent results rather than permanent ones
- Are looking to achieve a more youthful aesthetic in the face
- Are at least 25 years old but no older than 75
The following conditions may disqualify one’s candidacy for the procedure:
- Expecting immediate results
- Having autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis (MS), lupus, rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and vasculitis.
- Currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- Under 18 years of age
- Suffering from active skin conditions, such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis
- Having a tendency to develop keloid scars
- Taking blood thinners regularly
What is the procedure like?
Before undergoing the procedure, patients come in for a private consultation with Dr. Westreich to go over any questions or concerns they may have. This ensures that our team is well informed on your goals and issues and that you have a good understanding of what the procedure will entail. During this meeting, all of the treatment sites are determined, ensuring a positive outcome that is in line with the patient’s aspirations.
The filler is then administered through injections into the specified area. The formula is strategically injected at various depths to ensure even distribution. Following the completion of injections, the practitioner gently massages the treated area to ensure complete coverage. Once all the injections have been carried out, the patient is discharged, allowing them to resume their regular daily activities without delay.
What is the recovery process like?
After the procedure is done, patients are able to get back to their regular schedules without delay. That said, every patient’s issues are different, and the guidelines for recovery will look different for everyone. Some patients may experience some slight swelling or redness around the injection sites, but these effects typically dissipate after just a day or two. Bruising can also develop, but this can be easily obscured with makeup.
Patients must refrain from engaging in any vigorous exercise for at least one to two days and make sure to maintain an upright position while sleeping. While some improvements may be noticeable immediately following the treatment, the final results usually take around 6 to 8 weeks to settle in. The results from Sculptra can last for up to two years or longer.
Are there any risks involved?
While Sculptra is an incredibly safe treatment with a strong track record for patient satisfaction, there are some risks to consider. Some of the potential side effects include:
- Irritation around the injection site
- Discoloration of the skin
- Allergic reactions
- Facial cysts and nodules
Why choose New Face NY?
Patients from all over the New York metropolitan area flock to Dr. Westreich’s private practice on the Upper West Side to experience some of the best non-invasive facial rejuvenation treatments available. An alumnus of the University of Pennsylvania, the New York University School of Medicine, and Mt. Sinai Hospital, Dr. Westreich’s lengthy educational and training background give him the skills and expertise necessary to create customized treatment plans that align with his patients’ goals. He has helped countless patients achieve their ideal look with Sculptra, giving them a newfound confidence and a higher quality of life.
Reach out to our office today to set up private consultation and learn more about Sculptra.
Please take a moment to rate your experience
with our team.