Non-Surgical Nose Job: Yay or Nay?
Have you ever wondered what you would look like if that bump on your nose were smoothed out or that crooked bridge straightened? But have you not taken steps to make a cosmetic change because the mere mention of the word ‘surgery’ makes you hesitate?
If so, you are in good company. Rhinoplasty, or cosmetic nose surgery, is one of the most sought after plastic surgeries in America, but more and more people are seeking a non-surgical solution. For those who are reluctant to go under the knife but want to boost their appearance, Dr. Westreich offers an innovative alternative in his New York office: the non-surgical nose job. Increasingly popular, this latest advance in aesthetic medicine has made a media splash and may already be on your radar.
A non-surgical nose job is a novel procedure that uses a dermal filler, such as Juvederm, Radiesse, and Restylane, to reshape the nose. During the procedure, a small amount of the dermal filler is carefully injected into the treatment area and gently sculpted. The filler acts as a malleable contouring substance, allowing Dr. Westreich to smooth out bumps, correct asymmetries and address other irregularities. The result is a subtle, yet dramatic new look.
The non-invasive technique differs considerably from a traditional rhinoplasty and has its pros and cons.
- Immediately visible results, during and after the procedure
- No incisions necessary
- Fast (can be completed in under 30 minutes)
- Little to no patient discomfort during the procedure, no general anesthesia needed
- Little to no bruising or swelling
- No downtime or extended recovery period necessary
- Few risks or potential complications
- More affordable than traditional nose surgery
- Reversible with a secondary injection
- Results are temporary (last 6-12 months)
- Cannot reduce the actual size of the nose
- Cannot address functional and structural issues, such as a breathing obstructions caused by a deviated septum (see deviated nose surgery)
- Cannot only correct a subset of problems or unsatisfactory results due to a previous rhinoplasty (see revision rhinoplasty or secondary nose job)
Because a non-surgical nose job is not a permanent change, the nose’s shape can be refined in a subsequent treatment. The procedure can also be an excellent way to envision the more permanent results of a traditional rhinoplasty, which may be useful prior to committing to surgery.
The ideal candidate for a non-surgical nose job is in overall good health, has realistic expectations, and does not require the removal of bone or cartilage to effectively reshape the nose. Although dermal fillers are generally well-tolerated, certain injectables may cause adverse reactions.
The non-surgical nose job is a relatively straight-forward procedure. However, the technique still requires an expert hand. Dr. Westreich, a rhinoplasty specialist with expertise in dermal fillers, frequently performs the non-surgical nose job and has gained recognition in his field. He has honed his medical and artistic craft, consistently achieving natural-looking and stunning results.
If the thought of a surgical procedure makes you uneasy, it does not necessarily that mean you have to live with that imperfection in your nose forever. Contact Dr. Westreich as his New York office for a consultation to see if a non-surgical nose job is a yay or nay for you.