How can you speed recovery after plastic surgery? First and foremost, make sure you are in the best health possible before your procedure: stop smoking, maintain a balanced diet, and reduce stress. After your surgery, these top 5 recovery tips can help you recuperate quickly:
- Relax! Take enough time off from work to give your body a chance to adjust and heal.
- Sleep with your head elevated to help minimize swelling (particularly after our rhinoplasty NYC).
- Move around, but avoid strenuous activity or vigorous exercise.
- Stay out of the sun to avoid permanent discoloration of the healing skin.
- Ice! Even before you see the bruising, it is smart to ice as instructed.
Items You Need After Plastic Surgery
Before you go in for your surgery, we recommend that you make some home preparations in advance.
- Set up a comfortable place to rest and relax and have a table next to your bed or sofa where you can place water and other necessities.
- Fill any medications and prescriptions prior to your surgery.
- Pre-stock your refrigerator with fresh food and prepared meals.
- Supply your pantry with plenty of bottled or filtered water.
- Arrange to have a friend or relative to stay with you for the first 24 hours.
The objective is to make your home environment as conducive to healing as possible
Follow-up with Dr. Richard Westreich, NYC
When you schedule plastic surgery with Dr. Westreich, you can expect him to be available for any post-procedure questions or concerns. To ensure that your healing process goes well, Dr. Westreich will provide specific post-surgery instructions for you to follow. After your surgery, it is important to adhere to these instructions. Depending on the type of surgery, you may need to have sutures removed or other post-procedure follow up treatments. Although complications are rare, you should contact Dr. Westreich immediately if you have any unusual symptoms.
If you are interested in plastic surgery or have booked a procedure already and have specific questions about the recovery process, contact Dr. Westreich’s Manhattan office today to schedule a pre-surgery consultation.
Back to Blog