Undergoing Cosmetic Surgery on the Neck or Chin with NYC Surgeon Dr. Richard Westreich
Neck Liposuction with Dr. Westreich, NYC
Some of us were born with what could be termed a “weak” chin. Others may have noticed that as the years have progressed, our chin and jawline seem to have become more slack and less pronounced. Age-related skin laxity, declining muscle tone, and an accumulation of fat can begin to obscure the lines and angles of a youthful jawline. Whether is it an inherited trait or a tell-tale sign of the aging process, an under-pronounced chin and jaw can have a significant impact on the overall composition of the face.
Like elegant, highly-defined cheekbones, an angular, defined jawline is often considered a distinguishing feature that contributes to aesthetically pleasing facial geometry. A more pronounced chin can elongate the face and neck, resulting in a greater balance of facial proportions and a stronger profile and frontal appearance. Fortunately for those wishing to attain a more chiseled look, there are cosmetic procedures that can improve the jawline structure. Three excellent examples that address this issue are non-invasive Radiofrequency tightening treatments, our neck liposuction NYC, and chin implants.
Usually, the first step taken to sharpen the jawline, neck liposuction is a straight-forward surgical process that removes excess fat beneath the chin via suction. The objective is to re-contour and tighten the neck area, thereby reducing droopiness and increasing definition. For those patients with more limited physical changes or those wishing to avoid surgery altogether, a Radiofrequency tightening procedure is a great option.
- Are you a good candidate for a non-invasive neck tightening procedure? There are several different kinds of non-invasive tightening treatments. Of those, radiofrequency treatments that heat up the collagen underneath the skin are amongst the safest and most effective treatments. Radiofrequency can also be used to melt fat, using a slightly deeper treatment strategy. Even more important is that it is safe for all skin types and colors. Patients with mild to moderate neck skin laxity and mild to moderate submental fat are excellent candidates for this type of treatment.
- Are you a good candidate for neck liposuction? A relatively easy and quick procedure, neck liposuction works best on those whose skin is not overly lax but have moderate amounts of submental (under the chin) fat. For firm, even results, the skin must be able to rebound and contract after the fat is removed. Before performing the procedure, Dr. Westreich will assess your skin’s elasticity.
- What happens during a neck liposuction procedure? To begin the procedure, Dr. Westreich will prepare the treatment area with an anesthetizing solution that helps break down fat cells. Through a 2mm incision below the chin and, occasionally underneath the earlobes, Dr. Westreich will then carefully insert a small tube (a cannula) through which fat can be uniformly drawn out. A skilled hand at neck liposuction, Dr. Westreich will accurately and efficiently suction out the fat, using a technique that reduces the chance of uneven contouring and other imperfections.
- What can I expect after a neck liposuction? The improved definition in the jawline can be seen shortly after surgery, with final results becoming noticeable once the post-surgical swelling has fully subsided. The healing process generally takes about two weeks. For enduring results, patients should maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid excessive weight fluctuations after a neck liposuction.
If a neck liposuction does not produce sufficient results, a chin implant may be considered as a follow-up procedure. The decision to pursue a chin implant should be made in a consultation with Dr. Westreich.
Chin Implant Procedure with Dr. Westreich, NYC
Chin implants can give shape to an under-projected chin, as well as bolster to the overall form of the jawline. To attain the desired effect, chin implants, made of silicone or other biocompatible materials, are inserted along the jawline. Depending on the patient’s anatomy and the type of implant needed, the incision may be placed inside the mouth or underneath the chin. With this additive procedure, the objective is to give the face supplemental structure for a better chin definition as well as support for the neck skin.
- Are you a good candidate for chin implants? Chin implant surgery is an option for those who lack adequate bone structure in the chin and jaw.
- What happens during a chin implant procedure? Prior to surgery, Dr. Westreich will specify the chin implants’ size and construction, based on the unique characteristics of your bone structure and facial proportions. His aim is to not “overbuild” the chin. During the chin implant surgery, Dr. Westreich will make an incision and precisely insert the customized implant beneath the skin, fine-tuning its location as needed. Through his strategically placed incision and meticulous technique, Dr. Westreich limits scarring. A chin implant procedure takes about 1 hour, depending on the extent of work needed.
- What can I expect after a chin implant procedure? Patients can expect some swelling, which goes down in a few weeks. Unlike the more immediate effects of neck liposuction, it can take up to 4 months to see the full results of a chin implant surgery. The results, however, are long-lasting and, over time, patients will see a consistent result.
Chin implants can be done as a stand-alone procedure, or in conjunction with neck liposuction and other cosmetic procedures. Dr. Westreich can advise on any additional enhancements that can complement the implant.
Consultation with Dr. Westreich in NYC
Are you a better candidate for non-invasive tightening, neck liposuction, chin implants, or a combined surgical procedure?
Both neck liposuction and chin implants are popular and effective cosmetic surgeries for those who want a more prominent chin and powerful jawline. Which option is most suitable for you depends on a variety of factors, including your individual bone structure, the health and vitality of your skin, and your medical history, including previous cosmetic procedures.
Non-invasive, Radiofrequency tightening procedures typically require 2-3 treatment sessions. There is no significant downtime. Initial results can be seen by 3 weeks, with increased results expected over the first 3-6 months. Retreatment on a yearly basis, for maintenance purposes, is sometimes suggested by the doctor.
If you are interested in enhancing your under-pronounced chin, schedule a consultation with Dr. Westreich at his New York office. Dr. Westreich will recommend the procedure that will generate the most dramatic–yet natural-looking–results. With his expert technique, he can help you realize a stronger, distinct chin and jawline appropriate for your face.